Saturday, April 14, 2012

Experiments with Colour

I've been spending some time experimenting with white balance over the last month. I've been trying to use it creatively and not using it on auto to see the different effects. These are some photos I took on a Red Riding Hood shoot showing how the pictures came out. The first uses tungsten (shade on my camera). The second uses direct sun and the third cloudy. The fourth uses the selective colour mode on my Nikon D5100 with just the red showing. This is a really fun in camera effect and it works particularly well when used with anything red as it's so vibrant and bright.

Red Swirl

Red Riding Hood

Red Curls

Lost

I shoot in raw so I can experiment with the white balance when editing in Photoshop Elements as well and play with the different effects and atmosphere it gives to my photographs. I look forward to trying new effects and seeing what else I can create with colour soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment