Saturday, March 24, 2012

Project Points :Exercise Multiple Points

I've not really played too much with still life composition and this is the first time I had a chance to use my brand new tripod. I decided to use some of my husbands dice as he has quite the collection of different colours and shapes. As a background he found me a series of different board games and I choose this as the best one. I added some of his miniature doors, windows, stairs and a dragon to give it some more interest. I started with 6 dice and tried a few arrangements and worked backwards to 1. I kept it in colour as when I tried converting to black and white it lost a lot of the impact and I simply preferred the muted colours of the different coloured dice and squares.

DSC_0145

DSC_0146
DSC_0147
DSC_0148
DSC_0149
DSC_0150
Quite a lot of shapes and lines can be made between the dice. Diagonal lines, squares and triangles. I made a rough sketch below to show the ones I spotted.

No comments:

Post a Comment