Thursday, February 23, 2012

Project Cropping and Extending : Cropping

I choose five shots in the end and on the left is the original with the cropped version to the right. In some it's just taking out some of the background and making the subject more central and dynamic, but the one of the zebra I wanted to just look at the pattern of it's coat. In the one of the three dancing girls, I decided to just keep the girl on the right as she had the best light and was the most interesting to look at.

I find I don't take a lot of pictures of people if left to my own devices, so I wanted to include a couple here. I'm still trying to find my niche, but am having lots of fun trying out new things and always looking for different subjects. I can be lazy when it comes to taking images, taking them with too much clutter and thinking to myself that I can crop it later. I'm trying to get in closer now and rely on getting it right in camera without any process with regards composition. It also helps push me to try different angles and compositions at the time and look at things in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment